Ever since we heard about Windows 10x, several questions started coming to our minds. People got curious to know what it is and how is it different from Windows 10 etc. Therefore, to answer these queries of the users, this article could be their one-stop destination.
What is Windows 10x?
As we can easily guess from its name, Windows 10x is the newly launched or recently added version of the operating system in the Windows family. The said operating system has been specifically designed for dual-screen devices. We can expect it to be a part of Microsoft’s yet to be launched Surface Neo.
Features of Windows 10x
- 10x will support all the previously developed Windows apps.
- Most of its features are based on Windows 10 Core OS.
- 10x will run the classic apps in a container.
- As they will run in a container, they will not cause any glitches or problems with the security structure of your device.
- It is a read-only operating system.
- The devices on which you are going to have this will have a flexible posture.
Pros and Cons of Windows 10x
- You will be allowed to download the system updates.
- Updates can be installed in less than 90 seconds.
- The feature of containing apps in the container is giving way to the boosting of battery life.
- This isolation will also make the management of background apps better.
- Whenever you will download an app, it will not come in the way with your Windows system files.
- The live tiles will no longer be there.
- The system tray icons are not supported.
- You will no longer be able to use file explorer add-ins.
- The startup programs will not be there.
- Windows might suspend the background tasks as well.
- The programs that need deeper access to your system cannot be installed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Windows 10x replace Windows 10?
Windows 10x are not coming as a replacement for Windows 10. It is rather a new launch for the Windows dual-screen devices including Microsoft Surface Neo.
What is Windows 10x, is it different from 10?
Windows 10x are the most recent version of the operating system of Windows that has been specifically designed for dual-screen devices for improved and enhanced performance.
Is Windows 10x on PC?
Yes, you may have it on a foldable PC. The operating system will be launching this year for enhanced user-experience. This is yet another gift from Microsoft for Windows users who want to shift to dual-screen PCs.
How do I get Windows 10x?
As soon as it will roll out in the market, users will be able to download it from the official website. It will come pre-installed on foldable PCs. Therefore, you do not have to undergo a lot of hassle for getting it.
How do I upgrade to Windows 10x?
Once the update of Windows is released, the user can upgrade to it by navigating to the Start menu of your device. After this, you need to click on the ‘Settings’ option followed by ‘Updates and Security’. Next, you need to tap on the ‘Windows update’ option.
Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2020?
Officially, if you wish to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, you are not allowed to upgrade it. However, there are other methods of doing so and one such method is using Media Creation Tool.