LibreOffice 6.4 came with the major improvements for enhancing the productivity and performance level of the users. This is one of the most influencing changes that has been made to this version and takes the world of free and open-source (FOSS) to the new heights. Power-packed with all-new features, this new version is compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems. There is a large community associated with it that adds to its compatibility even more with DOCX, XLSX, and PPTX files. This proves to be one of the major advantages of the propriety based Microsoft Office suite.
The latest version is a contribution made by the Document Foundation. This brings so many features with it including ready-to-use packages that will be supported by various operating systems. Another highlighting feature of it is that it is free of cost and that is the reason why users who can do with basic editing love it even more. Because of these aspects, this new version has been called “Performance-focused” by many. Moreover, it offers faster and precise search along with some referential images or screenshots that they copy and paste in their documents.
Major improvements in LibreOffice 6.4
With the help of the overlay icons on a document template, a user can now easily recognize that which app has been allocated to a template.
The biggest and the most prominent feature that makes it outstanding from the rest is the inclusion of QR code into a document. This has been made possible because of the in-built QR code generator. You can easily do this by navigating to the menu of your document, followed by tapping on the insert option. After this, you have to tap on then “QR Code” option to insert it in your file.
- You can easily edit, open, add, or remove a hyperlink in a document.
- There is an “Automatic Redaction” tool that lets you add words and patterns in a document.
- There is an all-new search engine that will help the user to find the information real quick.
- You can now use a dark style for depicting breeze etc.
- A new search engine for the locally available help system based on Xapian-omega.
Pros of using the latest version of LibreOffice 6.4
- If you are using the “Writer”, then you can now allot some comments on the “resolved” status.
- It also lets you attach comments to the charts or images that you have used in your work.
- The writer is now included with table tools that are now available in its side pane.
- Along with it, there is also better text direction in it.
- While working on a file you can insert shapes in such a manner that they overlap each other and this feature was not available in its earlier release that is made at office.com/setup.
- Using the Calc included in it, you can now export several sheets to one PDF file.
- With more such improvements including a new docker image, there is also an application of it.
- It is now more compatible with DOC, DOCX, PPTX, and XLSX file formats
Cons of LibreOffice 6.4
As of now, there are no negative things about this version of LibreOffice. But some annoying bugs might trouble you. Sooner or later, they will be fixed by the developers. Other than this, a user should not that there is bad news for those who wish to use Java 6 and 7 because it no longer supports these. It has also discontinued its support for VCL backend for GTK2.
You will get to know more about it only after installing it on your device just for free. You can do so by logging in to your account at office.com/setup and fulfilling the basic requirements.