We’ve all heard about the Industrial Revolution in Europe and the United States that brought new manufacturing processes. And since then, things have been evolving but to a large extent, there have been the same working procedures.
However, as the pandemic hit us, people were being sent home to work remotely and there was a distinctive growth in employment with ultimate working feasibility. This change in the working culture is the largest revolution in the history of the world after the Industrial Revolution.
Adapting the change was difficult but Office 365 successfully helped in making it easier and better. This is why when the world ideated the hybrid working culture, Microsoft products and services have always been in the spotlight.
Here, in this read, we’ll be talking about the hybrid work culture that can be made facile with the help of Office 365 and Microsoft Teams- from creating a flexible working foundation to remote office meetings and physical office spaces for hybrid working.
The major crisis with Hybrid working and the fix
Although there has been a significant rise in employment, there is no assurance on how long it will be climbing the upward curve. Statistics have shown that a large portion of the employees is in favor of working remotely and along with that, a large portion wants an in-person environment.
The anomaly of hybrid working culture has now become our new normal and it is no surprise that it’s going to be extremely difficult if we aren’t prepared enough. Microsoft has noticed that most organizations in the world are not prepared to overcome this hindrance.
Know Also >> Microsoft Visio Added to Microsoft Office 365
To be more precise about the issue, let’s explain it with an instance- conference rooms in most workplaces are not fully equipped to carry on hybrid meetings. Either there’s no proper furniture, not enough time, no flawless technology, or these rooms are not video-enabled for people to join.
The world will never go back to the pre-Covid phase and Microsoft believes hybrid meetings and events can be the core ingredient to creating an effective work culture. Office.com/setup has already been a great help to remote working and that is why Microsoft Teams and Office 365 can help.
Thus, they have come up with a work practice- the “ABC” practice, for an organization to comply with a flexible working environment:
- A stands for Audio- Since a lot of organizations do not have an audio-visual system installed, it is recommended that you associate the use of a Microsoft Teams certified speaker puck. This will add an extra effort to ensure that all the employees/attendees get heard while speaking.
- B asks you to Bring your laptop- It has been over a year since remote working was adapted and quite a few months since the hybrid work culture. Even when you are present in the meeting room (in-person), you are suggested to carry your laptop to join in the meeting. Keep the audio disabled, converse via chats, raise hands, and use live reactions. That’ll meet the new standards, which are set by the hybrid working culture.
- C refers to Collaborate- Organizations must assign a facilitator for all the meetings who will hold the sole responsibility to ensure collaborations, participation and initiative among all the meeting attendees or employees. This can be done with proper moderation of the chat window, the raise hand option, and direct sharing of data or content.
Traits of Office 365 and Microsoft Team that can help
You must have understood by now that no individual or organization is entirely prepared to completely adapt to the changing work cultures. However, remember that all of us continue to familiarize and learn by sharing practical experience and guidance.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that Microsoft has been constantly working on new ideas and service innovations to offer people around the globe effective and efficient practices. So let’s take a look at the most recent traits that have been designed to support the varied needs of the employees, regardless of the organization and place of work (office or home):
Physical office spaces for both remote and in-person attendees
Intelligent Cameras have been introduced to improve the hybrid experience. Technologies that power the feature are:
- Active speaker tracking with AIrefer to using audio, gestures or facial movements to detect the speaker.
- Multiple video streams that place participants in their video panes.
- People Recognition to identify and display the name of the person within the video panes.
Remote meetings to break the immense need for in-person engagement
Since it is time to implement hybrid working, Microsoft came up with Cameo. It is a new PowerPoint feature that helps in integrating the cameras for your Teams directly into the presentation, which further lets you customize the time and the way of appearing in the slides.
Microsoft Teams to keep you in the work loop
These new additions have been designed to keep you linked to your work and keep you in touch with your colleagues.
- Use Siri to join into the work meetings and make hands-free voice calls while you are driving or cooking.
- Incorporating Microsoft Viva would improve communication, insights, knowledge and enhance learning into the workflow.
Microsoft believes and has been working towards making the use of Apps in the Teams meetings regular as it can help with improving real-time interaction, collaboration, engagement, and productivity for the new hybrid work culture.
Know Also >> How to run and use Microsoft 365 on a Chromebook?
The detailed read above will walk you through all the important aspects of understanding the new hybrid working culture that can be challenging if people and organizations do not get prepared. You’ll learn about the “ABC” practice that Microsoft suggests enterprises incorporate and the newly added features to Microsoft Teams and Office 365 that have been exclusively designed to help you with the hybrid work culture.