If you are using Microsoft Outlook for the exchange of professional or personal emails, then you might have come across this issue where Outlook crashes while you are trying to use it. Well, this is not new with Microsoft applications and may happen with any app or service including Word, Excel, and more. But, this is not a thing to worry about as there are always proven solutions to get rid of such issues. If your Outlook crashes when you have an important email to send, then you must try to fix this issue as soon as you can.
So, keeping that in mind, I have listed a few ways to get rid of the Outlook crashing issue at the earliest. If a particular method fails to help you in getting rid of the issue, then you can switch to another method as one of them would definitely help you in fixing it. So, when the next time you try one of the methods given below, one thing that you should check immediately is to open Outlook and then see if it opens normally or not. If it does, you are good to use Outlook once again.
With that known, let us move forward in our endeavor to fix crashing issues with Outlook. But, it is important to first know the factors responsible for the same.
Why does Outlook crash?
There are different factors responsible for this issue and some of the obvious reasons for the same are listed right here:
- When there is a corrupt file present in the Outlook system file, then it causes a similar issue to take place.
- Apart from that, if Outlook recognizes any unusual activity from your profile or you are found to be using a corrupt profile, then you are sure to face this issue.
- In addition to that, if you attach a corrupt file in your email it will result in crashing Outlook.
Read Also >> How to fix Microsoft Office 2019 update errors?
So, these were some of the obvious reasons for the same issue. Moving on, let us learn the ways to fox it.
Methods to fix the issue
Look for issues with add-ins in Outlook
- Close the outlook app
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing the Win+R keys together
- In it, you need to type “Outlook” and press “OK”
- Now, select the “Add-Ins” option from the “Options” menu in the File menu
- Then, select “COM” and hit the “Go” button
- After that, de-select the boxes you see on the screen
- Click “OK” and restart the application completely
Create a new profile
Sometimes, this method works wonders when you are facing an Outlook crashing issue.
- From the “Mail” section of your device, open all the profiles
- Now, remove the Outlook profile from there
- Further, select the “Add” option
- Now, add your Outlook profile once again just like you did earlier
- Provide all the required information
- Complete some more prompts and click “Finish”
If you are using Outlook for sending business emails and you are seeing Outlook crashing issues with it, then you must immediately fix the issue. Otherwise, you might have to bear a loss in some way. To avoid falling prey to this situation, avoid adding corrupt files to your emails.