Have you recently purchased your subscription of Office 365 but unable to activate it because of the problem with the product key? If yes, then you are at the right spot to get your product key issues resolved in no time. You just need to follow this article right from the beginning till the end and you will definitely be able to activate your Office product. But before that, you need to have the basic idea about your product key, what it is, how it works, how to locate it. So without further, let’s get started.
What is an Office 365 product key?
Whenever you purchase a licensed product or software which requires you to pay a certain amount, you are provided with its product key. The product key of any software ensures that you have bought it from the licensed means and you have not forged it.
The Office 365 product key is typically a unique combination of 25 digits which a user needs at the time of downloading, activating, or reinstalling the product. There are several methods to find the product key and it varies on the method of purchase made by a user. In the next section, we will learn the way to find the product key.
How to find the Office 365 product key?
To view, locate, or find your Office 365 product key, all you need to do is sign in to your Microsoft account. Note that, this account should be the same that you used to buy and download Office 365. For this:
- First of all, go to Microsoft account, Services & subscription page.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account only if prompted.
- After this, tap on the option reading as ‘View product key’.
If you have bought your product from the Microsoft HUP, then you may find it in the ‘Order details’ page.
Read Also: How to get the new Office 365 for free?
To find your Office 365 product key from Microsoft Store:
- From your preferred web browser, go to https://www.microsoftstore.com/.
- After this, tap ‘Sign in’ present in the upper right corner.
- Once you sign in, select the ‘Order History’ option.
- Now, click on the installation button to view your product key.
In case you have bought the product key online, then you need to look for it imprinted on the backside of the retail card or inside the product packaging.
Office 365 product key invalid- what does this mean?
Upon downloading your product for the first time, when you see this message saying that your product key is invalid, then it means your Office product key has been blocked. This might have happened because you have entered the product key in the wrong manner. Be it a Windows pc or Mac, you need to enter the product key in the same manner as it is imprinted. The product key is case sensitive, therefore you need to take extra care while entering it.
Other than this, somebody might have made unauthorized access or used your product key via fraudulent means. When you see this message, then you can ask your retailer or product provider to replace it. Always make sure that you buy products like Office from the licensed retailers.
Office 365 product key is not working- Fix now
Solution for Windows PC
- Make sure you are entering the product key correctly because it is case sensitive.
- You can get help from the Microsoft support team to get rid of the issue you are facing.
- If you are seeing invalid product key message, then ask the retailer to provide you a licensed key.
Solution for Mac users
- The first thing you can try is to remove the Mac license files.
- After this, check if the name of your hard disc drive is correct or not.
- Further, you should make sure that you are using an admin account to log in to your Mac.
- You can also try to create a new user account.
- Make sure you are entering the product key correctly.
- Other than this, you can try to run Office software in a Safe Mode.
- If nothing works, then you may try to uninstall and reinstall Office.
Read Also: Guide to buy-Office 365 vs office 2019