Microsoft 365 is one of the lately developed versions of Office that has been widely used by working professionals to carry out the organizational tasks. With a number of applications and tools to choose from, it has become the ultimate choice of users since when it came to be.
The number of users is increasing day by day because of its several features that simplify the way we work today. The Office apps are designed in such a manner that nowadays they are helping employees from across the globe to work remotely. Not only this but working remotely in a group is now easier with Microsoft Teams that is an exclusive part of this suite.
Once you have it on your device, making use of it can be done by simply logging in to your Office account. But, sometimes, you might come across an issue while doing office 365 login. Due to these issues, you cannot access your account and ultimately cannot use several features that require you to log in.
Therefore, I have listed below, some of the commonly faced login issues by Office 365 users along with the possible solutions to fix it.
Reasons why you are unable to access your account
When you know the cause behind any issue, then it becomes easier to resolve it. The possible causes why you must be facing login issues are the following:
- The subscription you are using might have expired and might need a renewal.
- Your user account might have been disabled because of some reason.
- Your Office 365 login account might have blocked by several login attempts.
- You must be using incorrect login credentials, usernames, or passwords.
- There are chances that your login password is temporary and has expired.
- You are blocked from signing in by Microsoft because it has reported some suspicious activity from your account.
- Sometimes, the single sign-on is not allowed for a federated user.
10 Easy Steps to regain access to your Office account
- First of all, you need to open the app launcher.
- From here, select the ‘Admin’ option.
- Now, from the Office 365 admin center, select ‘Users’ and then select ‘Active Users’.
- After this, tap on the key icon present next to the account of which you wish to reset the password.
- Next, select the ‘Auto-generate password’ option.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Reset’ option.
- Click the checkbox present next to ‘Send password in email’.
- Enter the email address of the recipient.
- Also, add an alternate email address.
- In the end, select ‘Send an email and close’.
Now, go to the email address on which you received the password reset instructions. Open the email and then follow the step-by-step instructions to reset the password. Make sure to use a complicated password that cannot be guessed by anyone else. You can also set a security question to reset the password in the future or use Multi-Factor Authentication to restrict unauthorized access to your account.