The EPS files are seen as the predecessors of the PDF files, which have image formats that were designed and set by Adobe in the early 1980s. The EPS files are largely not in use or unavailable in today’s time. This is because there are superior alternatives that are available, however, you can still run these files if you need them to access them.
If you have an EPS file then you have to use the Word document and you probably notice that Word cannot access these files, just don’t worry. The word application offers the functionality that you just have to install and then you can access such files. So, let’s get started and discuss more!
What is an EPS file?
It is important to acknowledge that the EPS file format is better understood as Encapsulated PostScript. It was curated by Adobe in 1992 and it’s a graphics file format that is standard with a low-resolution preview of graphics that makes it accessible with programs not capable of editing the inside script. Moreover, the EPS file format is widely used by the publishers and liked by them due to its compatibility features with different operating systems.
What are the basic steps to install the EPS files in the MS Word app?
There are certain steps that you need to follow in order to install the EPS files. Just follow them carefully to avoid interruptions:
Read Also >> Google docs vs Word – Know the major differences
- Close all the MS Office programs which are currently in access.
- Open the Windows Control Panel, tap on the “Start” option and then the “Control Panel” to access.
- After this, you have to tap on the “Add or Remove Programs” option.
- Just find the version of MS Office in the list of apps and highlight it.
- Tap on the “Change” button to proceed with the steps to install the EPS file.
- Navigate the wizard and tap on the “Expand Microsoft Office” option from the “Features to Install” list of options.
- After this, you have to tap on the “Converters and Filters” option.
- Now, click on the “Graphics Filters” option.
- You have to select the “EPS” as the filter you wish to add.
- Click on the “Run all from my computer” option and then “Update” to install the filter.
- Once the process is completed, MS Word will be able to import the EPS files of images as graphics.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has given you the brief idea to install and access the EPS files in the MS Word app on your devices without interruptions. However, if you still hold certain queries about the topic or you wish to fetch some more information then we suggest you visit the official website or customer support website for Microsoft Office products via office.com/setup. On the customer support website, you will get the proper set of guidelines and instructions from the technical assistants.