The Microsoft team is known for a good storing, sharing, and collaboration application for files however, there is one thing in which it lacks is its recycle bin feature. With this feature, if you delete the files accidentally you will have difficulties retrieving them back from the recycle bin.
In this article, you will learn to restore or retrieve your deleted files that you have removed from the Microsoft Teams application. It is important to understand that every time you create a new team in the Teams application, there is a SharePoint site that is being set up in the background.
It is important to understand there is a separate folder in the “Documents” library for the SharePoint site. So, if the file is deleted, there is a place in the SharePoint site that restores it.
So, let’s learn how to retrieve the removed files from the MS Office Teams.
Restoring or retrieving the removed files from Office Teams
It is important to understand that restoring or retrieving the Microsoft Teams data can be a challenging task for many of the users. There is a vast number of places from where the data is stored, disclosing all the places in which the data is stored in Teams. Once you have found out the data to be restored.
Read Also >> Google docs vs Word- Know the major differences
All you need to do is already be familiar with the information about the file to be retrieved or revived from the recycle bin. There is a need to retrieve the files if there is a need to access the files and folders in use at present and you can get back the files so that you can use them at present.
What are the steps to get back the deleted files from MS Office Teams?
In order to access the SharePoint site, you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the “Files” tab in the MS Office Teams app.
- Tap on the “Open in share Point” option.
- Remember, depending on the screen size, you might need to tap on the three-dot symbol to access the option.
- Now the SharePoint site will open that is attached to the team.
- To check any deleted files tap on the “Recycle Bin” icon.
- Now, tap on the “Documents” along with the folder that matches the channel.
- The file that you have stored will be back in the folder you accessed.
- Just go back to the MS Office Teams application.
- You have to tap on the refresh icon in the “Files” tab to see the files that are restored.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By concluding the article, we hope steps to retrieve the removed files from MS Office Teams discussed here. However, if you still have questions and queries related to the topic, then it is recommended to visit the official Microsoft Office website i.e. office.com/setup and get assistance from the professional experts along with the guidance and instructions for the same.