“Microsoft home and business 2019 Word documents not opening when double-clicked” is the query raised by several users. This situation makes them annoyed and they do not know what should they do to fix it.
When Microsoft Word 2019 fails to respond or open, you can try a few workarounds to get rid of this error. When you double-click a Microsoft Office file, you may come across certain error messages as well.
In this situation, you have to check if there are similar files present on your device. The presence of similar programs or files from the failed installation may result in this error. Before, getting to the resolution, you need to see if there is any corresponding program present on your device or not.
Check for the multiple Office installation files
To check the multiple installations of the file, you may follow these steps in an orderly way:
- Using the Search box of your device, type appwiz.cpl in it.
- After this, hit the Enter key.
- Now, you will see a list of currently installed programs along with all the Office files present on your device.
- If you see two similar files, then you might have to remove it.
Run a quick repair on your device
To get rid of this problem at the earliest, you can follow the quick repair steps given below:
- First of all, click on the ‘Start’ button on your Windows device.
- After this, tap on the ‘Programs’ option.
- Further, you need to tap on the ‘Programs and Features’ option and then go to the next step.
- Now, locate the entry of Microsoft home and business 2019 in the list of installed programs.
- Further, you need to choose the ‘Change’ option present next to it.
- After this, you will see two options on your screen from which you need to select the ‘Quick Repair’ option.
- Now, select ‘Repair’ once again to get rid of the file association issues.
In case Microsoft Word 2019 still doesn’t open, then you may need to uninstall your Office product and then reinstall it once again. You can easily reinstall your Microsoft product by navigating to office.com/setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is new in Microsoft Word 2019?
There are several exciting features in Microsoft Word 2019. You can now use the digital pen with high-end technology features. Other than this, you can also navigate to different pages just like you do in a book. You will also get to use the all-new learning and translation tools. In case two people are working on the same document or project, you can see the changes made by them in real-time.
Why is my Microsoft Word so slow 2019?
In case your device is missing the appropriate service pack for running the Word document, then you might face this issue. Other than this, if you are using a corrupted version of Microsoft Office, then its files will be slow to load. In addition to this, you might be using an outdated version of Word which is having bugs.
How much does Microsoft Word 2019 cost?
To get Microsoft Word 2019 on your device, you need to buy the complete product package of Office 2019 Home & Business. This Office suite costs a user around $249.99. But, if you wish to use it on a mobile device that too for free, then you can download the Word Mobile version on it.