It is important to know that most pieces of commercial software do come with some protection to access unauthorized copying and installation. Although software developers use the different methods to achieve this goal, there is one common approach involves asking the user to enter the Office key or serial number that is the case for both the MS Windows and Office.
This Office password is a combination of numbers or letters that is decoded by the software to verify whether the Product is legal or not.
Moreover, it does require to authorize the software installation so it is important to know where and how you can access the software. In this article, you will get to learn some of the easy ways to find Microsoft office product key for Windows and Office genuine products.
Find your Microsoft office 2010 product key
You just have to try to remember what was the procedure to purchase the software that determines where you need to search for the Microsoft office key. Point to understand is that if you have bought a retail copy of Office then search for the key in the disc package.
The retail product key for Microsoft office is usually present on the bright sticker located inside the case with CD/DVD. The key is of 25 alphanumeric characters split into five groups.
If you have MS Office preloaded on your computer then the Microsoft office product key is visible on an MS Office branded sticker. For MS Office, you can easily find the key on the PC case. If you are still unable to locate the Microsoft Office key then you can ask the company for a replacement key.
Read Also: Get help with product key errors on Microsoft Office
Microsoft office product key for Windows 10
With Windows 10 there is a new method to now the authenticity of the OS that is known as digital entitlement. However, it doesn’t apply to all Windows 10 PC. So, basically, you just have software if you upgrade your PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. Moreover, you also have the software if you have paid for Windows 10 upgrade via Windows store and then paid for the same via Windows store.
How to extract the Microsoft office product key from Windows OS?
If you are unable to find the key but the software is installed then you can easily use the program or customized software by which you will get the key. This software is known as Windows key finder. Remember this utility will quickly help you to locate the Windows key and it will display it for you. You need to follow the steps given below:
- In the first step, you have to download the software and follow the installation steps to get it on your computer.
- In the next step, you have to open the program by going on the “Start” menu and type “Keyfinder” and then press the “Enter” button.
- The program will scan all the installations and find the product keys including the versions of MS Office.
- Once the scan is complete, the tool will display a pane with entries of installed versions.
- Tap on the entry for your Windows to reveal the key and other information.
- You will see the key under the “CD key” section.
- Remember, you have to record the information as the key will work.
- Make sure you record the information exactly as the key will not work.
- It is important to not to get confused with the “ProductID” as mentioned.
- Tap on the entry for the version of MS Office to reveal the key.
Point to remember: Your Microsoft office key will be listed under the “CD Key” on the page. Just record the information on the screen as the key will not work.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We just hope that this article has given you enough insights to get the Microsoft office product key. In case, you still have issues and queries related to the topic then we strongly recommend you visit the Microsoft office product key section on the official webpage and get assistance for the same.