Microsoft Office, the only suite that offers high-end productivity tools and apps, sometimes might stop to respond. Recently, a lot of Microsoft Office 2020 users have repeatedly faced this issue while using or trying to open Office on their computer. Sometimes, only a single app won’t respond, or sometimes, nothing seems to work.
In this situation, users get troubled because they do not know what is needed to be done. On the contrary, they actually do not know the main reason behind it. Thus, you may read on this article till the end, to learn about why this is happening and what you can do to resolve this issue.
Reasons behind Microsoft Office not working
Some of the probable reasons why Office isn’t responding are listed below. Once you know the reason, you can get rid of the problem at the earliest:
- The problem usually occurs because of the server timeout to access an application.
- The presence of damaged or corrupted program files can also cause the issue.
- In case your system has an incompatible add-in.
- A similar program in your system might be restricting it to open.
Read Also: Microsoft Office 2020 Crack Final Product Key
Workarounds to fix Office 2020 not responding error
Some of the working solutions to get rid of the issue are listed below. Try one or all of them until you can open the Office again.
Solution 1- Try opening one of the apps in Safe mode.
When you open an Office application in Safe mode, it opens without templates and add-ins. In case it opens in the safe mode, then disabling the add-ins might fix the issue.
Solution 2- Disable the add-ins
- First of all, go to the ‘File’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Options’ option.
- Further, you need to tap on ‘add-ins’ to open the options of one of the Office apps.
- After this, you need to click on the ‘Go’ option. This will be present under the ‘Manage’ button.
- As soon as you click on this, the COM dialog box will open.
- Here, you need to clear the checkboxes present against each add-in.
Once you are done, you can try to open your Office suite once again. If these solutions turn out to be a failure, then you may run a quick or online repair of Office which is quite easy. For further information, you can always head to the support page of Office and look for the related articles to your queries.