Doesn’t it sound amazing that the subscription-based product of Microsoft Office comes with the free trial version? With a free version of any product, you can get to have its comprehensive overview and a chance to decide whether it actually fulfills your needs or not. With that said, Microsoft 365 is not an exception as it too comes with its trial version so that you can decide if you require it or not. However, many of us are not sure about what we will get in the trial version, how to get it, and how to cancel it before we get charged for it.
Therefore, to answer those questions of the users, I have compiled this post which would help you in knowing all the in-depth details of the Microsoft Office free trial.
In fact, this post also consists of some other related topics so that you do not need to read any other article for getting started with the trial version.
So, without any further ado, let’s jump right into exploring what Microsoft 365 has to offer us.
What will you get?
This is the biggest confusion to the users as they do not know if the trial version would be the same as the paid version. Would it be really helpful for them to know how the paid version works and how many similarities would the free and paid versions share?
Know Also >> Contemporary Voice Features Added to Microsoft Outlook
Well, the trial version or the free version of Microsoft Office including Microsoft 365 is all similar to the paid version of it. Once you install the free trial on your device, you will be able to use all the features and functionalities of Office. Additionally, you can get your hands on Access, Outlook, Excel, Word, and more.
You will be allowed to use their full-fledged features until the expiry of the trial product i.e. 30 days from the day you installed it. As soon as the trial period gets over, you will be charged monthly or annually based on your choice.
Since there is no way through which you can use the trial version permanently, therefore, you need to pay for it, no matter what. Moving on, let us now have a look at the procedure to get the trial version of Office on our devices.
The process to install Microsoft 365 free trial
IMPORTANT: You will be able to use the trial version of Office in case you haven’t used it already from the same Microsoft account and on the same device.
Step 1- Subscribing for the trial
- Go to the official website of Office- office.com/setup
- If you do not have a Microsoft account, click “Create a new account”
- And, then complete the sign-up form
- Then, go to the trial page- www.microsoft.com
- Tap on the “Try 1 Month Free” button
- Enter the details that you are asked for in the following pages
- Provide your Microsoft account login details and tap “Next”
- Next up, you should choose a payment option (because Microsoft will charge you after the end of the trial period)
- Tick the given box to receive promotional emails from Microsoft (Optional)
- After adding your payment details, click on “Subscribe”
Know Also >> How to set up Microsoft Authenticator with Microsoft 365
Step 2- Installing the trial
- The moment you click “Subscribe,” Microsoft will redirect you to a page
- On this page, click on the “Installs” tab
- Let the settings stay as default or change them accordingly
- Finally, click on the “Install” button next to “Cancel”
- Open the installed file and follow some on-screen prompts for setup
When you successfully install the Microsoft 365 free trial, your trial period will begin from the same day, and continue to use Office for free for 30 days. In case you change your mind, you can cancel your subscription by turning off the automatic payment option using the instructions given in the following section. If you forget to cancel the trial, the money will be auto-deducted from your account and your subscription will renew as a result of the same. However, you can cancel your subscription whenever you want, even if you have been charged. This will save you from further renewals and charges.
How to cancel the free trial of Office?
Be it the trial version of Microsoft 365 or any other version of Office, canceling it is quite an easy process and can be completed by following the instructions given below. If you are unsure of when your free subscription period is getting over, you can check about it by navigating to the “Services and Subscription” menu.
- At first, go to the official website of Microsoft
- After that, log in to your Microsoft account
- Now, go to the “Services & Subscription” page
- Then, head to the “Manage” section on the page
- To proceed, click on the “Cancel Subscription” option
- To confirm your action, choose “Turn off recurring billing”
- Now, you will see that your subscription status has changed
As soon as you cancel the subscription, you will not be charged for the upcoming subscription and the auto-deduct feature for your subscription will be turned off. In case you want to continue using Office products, then you can buy the paid version of Office whenever you want.
Know Also >> How to Sign in to Office 365 or My Office Account?
In today’s post, we have furnished all the relevant details regarding Microsoft 365 free trial. In the same way, you can easily opt for the free trial of other Office products as well. In case you try to opt for the trial product from the same Microsoft account, then Microsoft will not let you do so. If you try to do so, you will see an alert stating that this offer is only for new users and you are not eligible for it. Hopefully, this article has helped you in getting started with the free version and opting out of it, in case you no longer want to use it.