Most of the users are still not ready to move to Microsoft 365 or Office 2019. This is because they were happy with the functionalities provided with Office 2016. And this could be because of many other reasons. Since they feel more comfortable using Office 2016 rather than the latest versions of Office, therefore they wish to use Office 2016 on their other devices as well. However, most of them do not know the way to install it on their devices. And, for such users, this tutorial will definitely prove to be of real help.
So, without a further ado, let’s first know some pre-requisites for first-time installation as well as reinstallation. After that, we will learn the complete step-wise process of downloading, installing, and activating Office.
Before you begin – www.office.com/setup
In case you are reinstalling Office or just upgrading to the latest updates, then it is must that you have redeemed the product key. However, if this is your first-time, then the first thing you need to do is redeem the product key to link your subscription to your account.
Most of the plans of Office 2016 come with product key which if not redeemed may cause serious troubles during installation.
To redeem Office 2016 product key
You are required to do this step only once, after which the downloading and installing process will become easier.
- Initially, you need to visit office.com/setup
- After that, sign in with your existing or register for a new one.
- Locate the activation code in the confirmation email/ retail card.
- Then, enter the activation code in the provided field.
If you have already redeemed the product key, then you may skip this section.
Office 2016 downloading instructions
- Navigate to the dashboard of Microsoft.
- Click ‘Sign In’ if you have logged out from your Office account.
- Enter the details with which you linked your Office 2016 product key.
- In case you have forgotten the details of your account, then you need to recover it.
- Now, move to the top of the page to find ‘services and subscriptions’ tab and click on it.
- Further, you need to find the desired Office product that you wish to install.
- Click on ‘install’ once again to begin downloading your product.
- If you wish to install it in a different language or version, select the ‘Other’ link.
- Choose the desired language and version and then follow the installation instructions.
Easy-to-follow installation steps
- To begin installing Office, choose Run/ Setup/ Save File based on your web browser.
- Tap ‘Yes’ on the User Account Control prompt.
- This will begin the installation and you will see a phrase when it is done.
- Now, you need to find an Office app to activate your product.
Steps to activate Office 2016
To start using Office then and there,
- Find and open an Office app such as Excel or Word.
- You may use the search bar for doing so.
- In most of the cases, you need to activate Office if the product key is redeemed.
- All you need to do is ‘Accept’ the license agreement.
- In case you see the activation wizard, follow some prompts to complete the activation.
Once the activation is complete, you can start using your Office 2016 version right away. Remember Office 2016 is one-time installation therefore you should follow the steps very cautiously.