Excel, a hub of different features and functionalities that make our work easier has never lagged behind in surprising us with its new features. So, if you do not know that you can use a pre-made calendar template in Excel, then you have landed at the right place. Because here, we are going to learn some interesting things about this feature that office.com/setup has offered its users.
No matter where you are and what you do, managing tasks and events becomes a hectic job if you do not know the perfect way to do so. Thus, Microsoft has been offering this amazing experience to the users for the past many years.
The 2020 calendar in Excel can be easily used for this purpose. There are pre-made calendar templates available which make it easier for the users to schedule and manage their meetings and other tasks as well. Most importantly, once you create it, you don’t need to do much the whole year. So, let’s begin our discussion on some easy steps to create a new calendar template.
Steps to find/create a new calendar template
Microsoft Excel offers this facility to its user to choose from a handful of calendar templates that are already available as samples. However, you can always create and customize your own calendar. But, if you wish to use one of the pre-made templates, there are easy options to do so. There are enough templates for a multi-page calendar, yearly calendar, monthly calendar, weekly calendar, and so on. To use a pre-existing calendar template:
- Begin by opening Excel and creating a new spreadsheet.
- After this, click on the File option present at the upper-left corner.
- Now, click on the ‘New’ option.
- When you see the search bar, type ‘Calendar’ in it.
- From different available options, choose the desired template.
- In the end, click on the ‘Create’ button.
In case, you cannot see or use the templates, you probably need to renew your Microsoft Office subscription by navigating to www.office.com/setup.
Next, we shall learn about the way to customize this template that we have recently created.
Easily customize your calendar in Excel
In an Excel template, you can easily change or format fonts and colors according to your desire. On top of that, it allows you to color-code the marked events on the calendar. You can do it for upcoming birthdays, meetings, etc. Also, the company logo can be added as well.
To change the fonts:
- For making the title bigger and bolder, click on the title row.
- Now, move to the Home tab, and change the font size, choose the color for it, italicize it, or underline it.
- For making changes in the headers, you need to highlight all the headers for weekdays.
- In the same way, you can change its color and font as well.
- In order to edit the date markers, you have to highlight all the boxes with the date.
- Using the same Home tab, customize the fonts accordingly.
In the same manner, you can customize the desired column or row by changing its colors and fonts. In addition to this, you can also choose to add a personal touch to it by inserting the desired images. This can be done by navigating to the ‘Insert’ tab present next to the ‘Home’ tab. You can also set reminders for birthdays and important events so that you don’t miss out on it.
Read Also: How to use out of message outlook mail for Office?