When it comes to managing organizational data and working on spreadsheets we cannot think of any other app than Excel. In other words, we can say that Excel is one of the most important tools to be used by businesses these days. Microsoft has built each application of Office to fulfill a specific purpose and such is the case with Excel. Excel is completely a data managing tool that is now available for Mac users as well. Not only Mac users can utilize its features and functionality, but it can be used on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, online as well.
Microsoft Excel online free is also available for the users so that nothing can stop them from reaching their targets. The Microsoft Excel online version has similar tools and functions as present in the app. There are chart tools, calculation functions and so much more in the online version as well. The online version is serving another important purpose and that is, it allows you to have real-time collaboration with others. So, in this tutorial, I have listed some of the basic things that a user needs to do in order to use Excel.
Learn the basics to use Microsoft Excel online
If the question ‘how to learn Microsoft excel online’, then do not trouble yourself anymore because we will answer your question right here.
- First of all, you need to open Microsoft Excel online and to do this, visit the link to products office.com/setup online.
- After this, you need to click on the Excel link. As soon as you click it, a new spreadsheet will be created.
- You can also open your OneDrive folder and select the saved spreadsheet from there.
- When you open Excel via this link, you will see several templates including the ones you have opened lately.
- Click on the desired template to start working on the spreadsheet.
- In case, you have opened it from OneDrive, you will see it opening in the online viewer.
- Here, you need to tap on the option reading as the ‘Edit Workbook’.
- Further, you need to select the option, ‘Edit in Browser’. When you click this option, you will see that a spreadsheet has opened in Microsoft Excel Online free tab.
In case you have installed Excel in your PC and wish to edit it online, then:
- You can directly open Excel
- After this, click on the Edit option. This will open a spreadsheet as it generally opens.
- Edit the sheet as you wish to and save the changes you have made to it online.
By now, you must have known how to learn Microsoft excel online. Now, we will learn how to use its tools.
How to use the tools in Microsoft Excel?
To use tools in Microsoft Excel online, follow the steps given below:
- Open Excel and then open the desired spreadsheet.
- Further, you need to go through the toolbar present on top of it.
- You can also use the search box for locating a specific tool.
- Once you find the tool, you can use it wherever needed.
- Also, you can make easy calculations for a list of cells by applying formulae.
There are 471 functions in Microsoft Excel for simplifying the work of the user. In addition to this, you can do much more in Excel just such as the inclusion of the charts, tables, complete a survey, and so on.
To read more, I assume you know about Microsoft excel tutorial and how to open word or excel on mac. If not, check out these posts: