You can easily update Office for Mac automatically in case you do not want to miss out on an update. There is this feature known as Microsoft AutoUpdate that can possibly do this work for you. It ensures that the copy of Office you have on your device is always updated.
This feature automatically updates the latest fixes and improvements made by Microsoft on the version of Office you are using.
Alternatively, the users who have subscribed to Office 365, are eligible to receive the recently updated features as well as tools. A few most common methods to update Microsoft Office on a mac device are listed below. You may deploy any of the methods according to your convenience in order to have these updates at the earliest.
So without further ado, let us start our discussion on how can we update Office via office.com/setup.
Methods to get Office updates automatically
Method 1- check for available updates and install
- First of all, you need to open an Office app such as Excel.
- When it opens, go to the top menu and click Help.
- From the page that opens, click on the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- Now, Microsoft will start searching for available updates so that you can install them.
Note: If you cannot find the ‘Check for Updates’ option, then you may download and run the latest version of the AutoUpdate tool developed by Microsoft. After downloading it, you may check for updates once again by using the same method given above.
- After this, choose the option reading as “Automatically keep Microsoft Apps up to date”. Doing this will make the Office receive the latest security fixes and feature improvements.
- Now, the updates will get downloaded on your device helping your Mac stay protected.
- For this, all you need to do is click ‘Update’ to download and install them.
- To learn more about each update, you may click on the arrow available next to a particular update.
- You will be shown the details including the app review, its version, as well as the installation date.
- You may also click on the “Update All” option to install all the available updates.
Method 2- update from the Mac App Store
The users who have downloaded Office or a particular Office app from the Mac App Store, then you can enable the automatic update feature in it. Doing so, the apps will get automatically update but you can also update it manually. Here is the process to do so:
- First of all, you need to open the Mac App Store. You can do it from your Dock or Finder.
- After this, click on the Updates option available on the menu present at the left.
- Click on Update All to install all the available updates.
Get early access to updates with Office insider program
With the Office Insider program, users can get the newest features and updates for the Office version they are using. They also get the benefit of sending feedback directly to Microsoft. By joining the program, they also get the preview builds for the latest features, security updates, and performance fixes. This opportunity is not available for those who not subscribe to the Insider program. To download the Insider updates, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to open an Office app. It could be Word, Excel, or any other app.
- After this, click on the Help option and then click Check for Updates.
- Now, you need to tap on the Advanced option.
- You will see a list of programs here. You may either select Insider Slow or Insider Fast.
You may choose Insider Slow in case you wish to get your hands on the fully supported builds with minimal risk. On the other hand, you may choose Insider Fast if you want the earliest but unsupported preview builds. These are released on a regular basis.
- Further, you need to read and review the License Agreement.
- Also, read the info about the data that is collected when you use Office apps.
- In the end, select Accept and then check for the available updates.
After checking the availability, you can download these updates whenever you want.