The moment you create a Microsoft Office document you should keep it password protect so that no one can breach the information that you have entered or put across in that particular document. It is important to encrypt your data with the password as there dared many users who wish to copy your valuable data for their uses.
We also recommend protecting every single information that is related to your organization or to your work so that no one can reach it.
In this article, you will learn how you can lock down that valuable informative document and protect it with the password. These are the basic steps with cumulative procedures to protect the data from the other anonymous users. The point to remember is that the steps for both Windows and Mac operating systems will be discussed here.
So, without any further do let us start the topic and take it further.
How to protect Word doc on Windows?
- Double-tap on MS Word document and then tap on the blank document to create the one.
- In the next step, you have to tap on the “File” option.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Info” tab option.
- Just tap on the “Protect Document” option until you see the drop-down menu on-screen.
- Tap on the “Encrypt with Password” option and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Enter the password and tap on the “OK” button.
- Re-enter the password when prompted and then tap on the “OK” button.
Note: If you wish to delete the saved document you can easily do it without entering the password.
How to protect MS Word doc in the Mac OS?
For this, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- Open the MS Office document.
- Tap on the “Review” button and click on the “Review” prompts on the screen.
- After this tap on the “Protect Document” and then you will see a pop-up window.
- In the next step, you have to enter the password in the field provided on-screen.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and tap on the “OK” button.
- In the end, just re-enter the passwords ad then tap on the “Ok” button.
- Doing this will confirm your password choices.
Point to remember: Once you close the document, nobody else can re-open the file without entering the password.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
It is important to protect your created documents using MS Office application (mostly the MS Word) to keep the valuable information intact and protected from the breacher. We hope that by following the steps mentioned here in this article, you will get to protect your created data.
SEE ALSO: Microsoft Office 2020 Crack Final Product Key