If you are using Microsoft Outlook application, then at some point in time, you might need to change outlook password and there can be some genuine reasons behind it. Suppose, if you have forgotten your login password or you want to change the password to maintain the security purposes then you can change or reset outlook password.
You can change or update your email account password in the Outlook app or you can also modify the changes with your email provider be it Office 365, Gmail or Xfinity. You can easily change your password in one or both places. Here, we will discuss the steps to change the outlook password.
Why we have two different places to change outlook passwords?
There are two things that you must have to access your email in Outlook these are:-
- An email account that is associated with Office 365.
- Along with this, you need a program that can display your emails that allows you to read and manage those messages.
Note:- The moment you change outlook password or reset outlook password, you first have to change the MS Office password with the email provider then modify the changes in the Outlook application.
When there is a need to update the password with the email provider?
You need to change or reset outlook password in the following conditions:-
- If you think someone is trying to reach your data and want to access your account.
- If you have received a password reset link from your email provider.
- You have forgotten the email account password.
What are the steps to change Outlook password?
The steps mentioned below will help you to change the Outlook password:-
- In the first step, you have to go to the Microsoft account security window and then select the option labeled as “Password security”.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the associated credentials to verify your identity with a security passcode.
- You need to decide how you want to receive the security code by email or by phone.
- After this, you will be asked to verify your credentials and once you are done with it you have to click and select the “Send code” option.
- Once you have received the code you have to enter the code and then click on the “Submit” option.
- In the last and final step, you have to enter the current password and then enter the old password that you wish to replace followed by a click on the “Save” option.
Tip of advice: – If you are unable to receive the code then you might be entering a wrong email address. For this, you just need to go to the “Recover your account” page and follow the on-screen instructions.
In a conclusive viewpoint:-
It is easy to change the outlook password and for this, the steps are mentioned in the article. Hopefully, this article has helped you to reset outlook password.