In this tutorial, you will get to learn everything you need to know about email signatures and how to add them if you are using Outlook 365. But, before we start our discussion, it is important to know a little brief about email signatures. These play a very significant role if you need to send organizational emails frequently. It is a mark of your identity or the identity of your organization and looks quite impacting on others.
Thankfully, office.com/setup has embedded this feature in Outlook, making it easier for Office 365 users. You can customize an email of your choice and send it with every email. An email signature may contain details such as the name of an organization, job title, contact details, logo, etc. This lets the receiver know that he has received an email from a renowned sender without having to go through the details. If an email contains a signature, other than being attractive, it looks informational as well. Once you know what email signature means, you can move ahead with the procedure to create your own.
10 Easy steps to create an email signature
Before adding an email signature you need to create one via www.office.com/setup:
- First of all, login to your Outlook account.
- After this, tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Further, you need to tap on ‘View all Outlook settings’.
- Next, tap on ‘Compose and reply’.
- Now, go to the ‘Email signature’ option.
- Under it, enter your signature and customize it accordingly.
- Further, tick-mark the box present next to ‘Automatically include my signature on new messages I compose’. Doing so your signature will appear in the bottom of composed emails.
- Similarly, follow the same steps for forwarded messages or the messages you reply to.
- In case, you do wish to select these options, then you may do it manually for every email.
- When you are done creating and customizing your signature, you should tap on the ‘Save’ button.
Now, whenever you will compose an email, the signature will appear automatically in the message. You can always change these settings according to your convenience.
6 Manual steps to add an email signature
These steps are for those users who did not opt for the manual procedure to add a signature and opted to insert it for individual emails.
- In the beginning, you need to login to your Outlook 365 account.
- After this, select the option to compose a new message.
- Further, when you finish composing your message, select ‘More Actions’.
- Now, tap on the ‘Insert signature’ option.
- The pre-created signature will be added to your email.
- In the end, select ‘Send’ and you are done.
When you create a signature, it is automatically added to every email you send. Moreover, you should know that if you have created an email signature in Outlook 365, then you will not be able to use it in Outlook 2019, or any other version. Therefore, you need to create it separately for each. In the web app of Outlook, you will not be able to create more than one signatures. You also cannot add an image file in your signature. There is also an Office 365 signature manager which lets you manage the signatures of different accounts all in one place.
Here are a few hand-picked resources for Microsoft Outlook: