While installing the new Office 365 version, you may get stuck on the screen. Many Office 365 users have complained about an issue during the installation process. According to them, during the installation process of Office 365 a message “We’re getting things ready” is displayed on their screen and they get stuck on the way to the installation process. This seems to be a common message from Office 365 but the problem occurs when it keeps showing the message continuously on your screen.
So, if you are also puzzled by this situation then do not worry about it. Today, we are discussing what to do if Office 365 got stuck on getting things ready. This post will help you to come out from this stuck situation during Office 365 installation.
Ways to fix Office 365 stuck on getting things ready
After getting Office 365 stuck issues during installation, go through each solution one by one that we have mentioned below.
Solution 1: Try to run a built-in Office Repair tool
In such a stuck situation you may need to fix file corruption problems on your computer. So, try to run the built-in Office Repair tool. To run the Office Repair tool, use the steps that are mentioned below:
- Navigate to the search bar of your computer
- Type “Control Panel” and press Enter
- Then, tap on Control Panel and look for Programs and Features
- Now, select the “Office 365” option
- Then, locate and tap on the “Change” button
- Now, select the “Quick Repair” tool to start the repairing process
- Once it completes the process, check if the issue is solved or not
Note: After completing the above steps the issue should be fixed. If you are still facing the same issue then launch the “Online Repair” tool to fix it.
Know Also >> Fix “Office can’t find your License for this Application”
Solution 2: Try to re-install Office 365
If the Office Repair did not solve the issue, then try to re-install it on your computer. We have stated the steps that will help you to complete the re-installation process.
- Navigate to Control Panel on your computer
- Then, head to the Programs>Programs and features
- Now, select “Office Suite” and click on the “Uninstall” button
- Make sure to remove all the Office files (to do that, delete the Windows installer package)
- Now, navigate to the search bar and type %ProgramFiles% then press Enter
- Then, delete the Microsoft Office folders and Microsoft Office package
- Navigate to the search bar and type %ProgramFiles(x86)% to remove the Microsoft Office folder as well
- Now, launch the registry editor and head to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office and delete the Office folder
- Then, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office and try to delete the Office folder here as well
- Now, navigate to the Power button and restart your computer
Note: After completing the above steps try to re-install Office 365 on your computer as it may fix the issue. Visit the Microsoft Office official website and follow the instructions to download and install it on your computer.
Read Also >> A Know-how guide to get the product key for installed MS Office
Solution 3: Try to Run Office in Compatibility Mode
Running Office in compatibility mode has helped many users to fix the stuck on getting things ready problem. Go through the steps mentioned below to run the Office installer in compatibility mode.
- Navigate to the “Download” location on your computer
- Then, right-click on the OfficeSetup.exe file and choose the “Properties” options
- Now, try to check Run this program in compatibility mode
- Then, select the Windows type from the “Drop-Down” menu and click OK
- Now, right-click the OfficeSetup.exe file again and choose the “Run as administrator” option
Note: You should follow the steps given below if you have already installed the setup file and you face this issue occasionally; look at the steps:
Know Also >> How do I stop Microsoft Outlook from crashing?
- Navigate to the setup file location and right-click on it
- Now, choose the “Properties” option
- Then, head to the “Compatibility” tab and check the “Run this program” option
- Now, click on the “Save” button to save the changes that you have made here
- Then, try to launch the Office installer as admin
- Check if the issue has been fixed or not
To sum up, whenever you get stuck while installing Office 365 on your computer, you should know what steps can help you to come out of this situation. You may face such a situation when you did not install your previous Office 365 properly.
In this post, we have mentioned steps that will help you to fix the “We’re getting things ready” issue. You can try the Office repair tool or run Office in compatibility mode to fix such type of issue.