Microsoft Office is a hub of office-related apps and programs that ultimately help you with performing a wide range of tasks in your work or educational spaces. With the complete set of productive apps by your side, you get eligible to bring out the most productive as well as efficient sides of you. As it is clearly visible that we are using these apps from our childhood and in some schools, students are given extensive training to use these apps on a basic as well as advanced level.
Thus, if you also feel the need of having Microsoft Office suite on your device, then you need to first purchase a suitable plan or subscription for you and then deploy the product on your device. Although for some users the deployment process is as simple as having a piece of cake at the same time, users may not find it easy to get the Office suite downloaded onto their devices.
Recently, a lot of new Office users are coming up with an error due to which they are not able to download the Office suite on their devices. Here, we are talking about Microsoft Office error 1713 that restricts users from completing the installation of Office especially on Windows 10.
Hence, this article will let you have a glimpse of the ways to get rid of this error and what can be done to get away with it.
What is Microsoft Office error 1713?
If you see error 1713 while trying to install Microsoft Office on your Windows 10 devices, then it is a great possibility that your device is not having supporting tools to get the products downloaded. This error hints to the users that they are required to use a proper setup tool in order to initiate the installation process. So, if you are also coming across this kind of error message while installing your Office subscription on your device, then you are required to follow the troubleshooting methods given in this post. These solutions would definitely help you in fixing this error, thereby helping you initiate the installation process once again.
Ways to troubleshoot Office installation errors on Windows 10
Step 1- Uninstall any previous version of Office
Since the error is caused due to the presence of leftovers of failed installation files, therefore, it becomes pretty important that you clear off these files before proceeding to the next step. If you do not know how to do that, follow the steps that are listed below:
- Install any third-party installer on your device
- Now, launch the installer on your device
- Then, open the tools that are available on it
- Go to the tab from where you can uninstall programs
- From the list that opens, choose the Office program that you wish to uninstall
- Then, click on the “Uninstall” button on your screen
- Choose the option to delete the leftover files as well
- Next up, you need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process
After you are done with uninstalling the files from failed installation, you can go to office.com/setup and get your Office suite installed one more time.
Know Also >> How to fix Microsoft Office 2019 update errors?
Step 2- Disable the firewall
Sometimes, the firewall available on your device may restrict some new programs from getting installed on your devices. Therefore, if you are also facing problems while installing any new program on your device, then you are suggested to disable the firewall for some time. Those who are not aware of the process to do so can follow the steps that are given below:
- Open the search box of your Windows 10 device
- In it, type “firewall” and choose “Windows Defender Firewall” from the results
- Now, click on the option that lets you turn off or on the firewall
- Thereafter, you need to click on the radio button to turn it off
- Close the current window to save the settings
Step 3- Remove any conflicting programs
If your device has any kind of similar program on your device, it may definitely create a hurdle while you try to install any Office file on your device. To remove this similar program, you simply need to follow the steps that are listed below:
- Open the “Run” box on your Windows 10 by pressing the Windows logo + R keys together
- In the given search area, you need to type “msconfig” and select “OK”
- By doing this, the System Configuration window will open on your screen
- In it, you need to click on the “Selective Startup” radio button
- Here, you need to unselect the option reading as “Load Startup items”
- Next up, tick the box naming “Use Original Boot Configuration”
- Do the same with the box naming “Load System Services”
- Click the “Apply” option and then select “OK”
By performing these solutions in a stepwise manner, you will be able to get rid of the Microsoft Office error 1713 while installing Office on your Windows device especially Windows 10. If this does not help you in fixing this error, then you need to either run a registry scan or system file scan to remove corrupted Office files or registry files from your device.