There is hardly any home or workspace PC that is not equipped with a Microsoft Office product on it. Since it has a number of apps and tools that are used for reaching our work goals, therefore, one cannot ignore its relevance. As we already know that Microsoft Office is made available to the users in two different types i.e. subscription-based products or one-time purchases. Thus, if you have a Microsoft 365 plan on your device and wish to switch to a one-time purchase of Office, then this article has got you covered.
In this post, we shall learn all the relevant details which will be helpful for you if you have been looking for ways to get turnoff automatic rebilling at the end of your Microsoft 365 subscription cycle. This post shall cover the details on canceling Microsoft 365 trial as well as a paid subscription. Along with that, we shall also discuss fixing some of the issues that you may face while canceling your plan. So, without much ado, let’s move to our topic.
Canceling Microsoft 365 free trial subscription
Prior to applying these steps, you should make sure that it is not past 30 days since you have started using Microsoft 365 free trial. If it is more than 30 days, then you will be automatically charged for your plan and you may not be able to get a refund for the same. Else, apply these steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of Office
- The site can be reached by the URL- office.com/setup
- Or, go directly to the “Services” page
- And, then you should log in to your account
- Navigate where Microsoft 365 is located
- You will see the expiry date and a cancel link
- Now, select the “Cancel” link
- And, follow some easy prompts
As soon as you cancel your Microsoft 365 Family trial, you may not be able to use most of the features of Office. However, you can only operate the apps in “View mode.” Else, you will be prompted to uninstall Office from your device.
Note: whether you are using Microsoft 365 on Windows or Mac, the cancellation steps will remain the same for all operating systems.
Canceling a paid Microsoft 365 subscription
In case you are already using a paid version of Microsoft 365 and you are being charged for it after the end of the subscription cycle, then you need to cancel your subscription manually by using these steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of Microsoft
- Then, navigate to the “Services & Subscriptions” page
- After that, you should sign in to your Microsoft account
- Make sure this account is the one with which you purchased the plan
- Now, find out where your Microsoft 365 subscription is located
- Then, tap on the “Manage” option
- Choose Cancel/ Upgrade or cancel based on your subscription type
- To proceed, simply follow some on-screen instructions
Know Also >> A Little Darkness Can Enhance All Your Experiences
When your subscription is canceled, you will see a confirmation message about the same. In case you change your mind, you can always reinstall Office setup.
What if you can’t cancel your subscription?
In some unfortunate circumstances, you may not be able to cancel your subscription. So, in that case, you should do as described:
- The first thing you need to verify is that you have logged in to the same Microsoft account with which you purchased your subscription in the first place.
- At times, you might not see the “manage” or “cancel” option. Instead of this, most users see an option reading as “Turn on recurring billing.” In case you are also seeing this option, then you need not cancel your subscription manually as it will automatically expire on the specified date.
- If you can’t cancel your subscription after several attempts, then you must be violating any terms mentioned in the Microsoft Cancellation Policy.
- In case you have not been charged due to the insufficient balance in your linked bank account, then you may need to update your payment option first and then complete the cancellation process.
Thus, by verifying and going through the aforementioned solutions, you will be able to cancel your Microsoft 365 paid as well as your Free Trial subscription.
Know Also >> How do I fix Office 365 Stuck on Getting Things Ready?
Today we have addressed all the possible ways through which you can cancel your Microsoft subscription. Additionally, you can apply these workarounds for canceling any other paid subscription to Microsoft Office. Please note that you cannot cancel those products of Office for which you have paid one-time charges or which is the standalone version of Microsoft Office. You will no longer be able to access any Microsoft services after cancellation once the expiry period of your subscription is reached.