There are many situations when you need to reset your Windows 10 PC to its default settings. People generally reset their PCs when it starts to work inappropriately or start displaying error messages whenever they run any program on it. This means there is a problem with its settings and the settings are customized in such a way that it stats to create trouble with your PC. On the other hand, you might want to restore your PC to its factory settings is when you are planning to sell or hand it over to somebody. In this scenario, you will never want to let others get hold of your personal data because they can misuse it.
Before starting with the process of resetting, you should note that all of your data will be erased and you will not be able to access it one you reset your PC. So without wasting much time, let us start discussing the ways through which we can reset our PC.
Ways to Reset a Windows 10 PC
Sometimes, even after trying a single method to reset a PC, you do not get the desired results. Hence, you have to try to reset a Windows 10 PC the other way round. Here, I have described the three ways through which we can get to the desired result:
- Click on the “start” button.
- Go to the “settings” of your device.
- From the “settings” menu, click on “Update & Security”.
- Locate the “Recovery” option and click on it.
- Further, you have to tap on the “Get Started” option. This will be present under “Reset this PC”.
- Follow some on-screen prompts to reset it completely.
- Begin by restarting your PC so that you can get to the “sign-in” screen.
- After this, press and hold the “Shift” key along with clicking on the “Power” icon.
- Again, click “Restart” present in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- When your PC restarts, click on the option that reads as “Troubleshoot”.
- Again, click on the “Reset this PC” option and follow some on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Press and hold down the “Shift” key.
- Along with it, select the “Power” icon.
- Click “Restart” to begin restarting it in the “Recovery Mode”.
- When your PC restarts, tap on “Troubleshoot”.
- Once again, click “Reset this PC” to complete the process.
Factory reset Windows PC without password
Sometimes, you are unable to recall the password of your device and you still wish to reset your PC. But you should note that, if you do it without a password then there no changes in creating the backup of your data which is still there if you do so by using your password. If you still wish to reset the PC, then here is how you can do this:
- Open your PC and press the “Shift” key and “power” icon from the login screen.
- Next, click on the “Restart” button.
- Do not leave the “Shift” key until you see a pop up on the screen.
- Here, choose the “Troubleshoot” option and click “Enter”.
- When a new window opens, select “Remove Everything” because you can’t select the other option saying “Keep my files” as it will ask for your password and you don’t have it.
- This will reboot your PC immediately and then choose from one of the options; “just remove my files” or “fully clean the drive”.
- After selecting the desired option, a configuration wizard will open.
- Follow some on-screen instructions to complete the resetting process.
Resetting your device will remove the Microsoft Office from your device which came pre-installed with it. You can re-install it by simply navigating to office.com/setup