For those users who want to learn how to operate the office applications and documents on the Mac device, this article will help them. Before started the concept behind its mechanism you need to understand that there is a version of Office applications that are specifically made to work in the Mac devices. So, you can easily use the Word, Excel and the Powerpoint application with just a click on the Mac devices. The iOS operating system enables the users to access the build-in support for the latest versions of the Office applications. This update is just to use all the applications you love on the Mac device.
There are many windows-based computers that come with a version of Office word, excel and other useful applications. However, the Apple computer doesn’t come with any version of the Word application specifically. There is no need to buy the software by Office especially when you are in need to install the program on the multiple computers. In this article, you will get to learn the basic structure of how can you open a word or excel on Mac. If you are having some other specific queries to be asked then you can visit the official website that goes by the URL Office.com/setup.
Office applications work on Mac OS
- Be it an Excel, Word, Powerpoint documents or any Office application all of them can be created on a Mac or PC.
- If the Windows is using the Boot camp or any third-party software then you can work it on a Mac device.
- You can easily access the MS Office exchange server in email, contacts and the calendar.
- It works well with virtual email services and providers.
- You can edit and access popular file types such as PDF, JPG, ZIP, MP3, PSD, and many others.
- You can access the digital cameras, printers, hard drives and other hardware components with the USB connections.
- You can build a connection between Wi-Fi hotspots and Windows networks.
- On Mac devices, you can easily do text messaging with Skype, Facebook, WeChat and much more.
Note: For more information, you can visit the Microsoft office setup assistant webpage.
What are the steps to open word or excel on the Mac device?
You don’t need to download a specific program on your Mac laptop to open an office document or file. The Apple device has a free, basic word processing program that is known as “TextEdit” for the Mac operating systems. We recommend you to use “TextEdit” to open the Word documents on the iOS devices. For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Tap on the “Command+Shift+A” on your Mac desktop to access the application running on the device.
- Once you see the list of the applications, just double-tap on the “TextEdit” to open the program.
- After this, you have to tap on the option labeled as the “File” option.
- Now, you see a drop-down menu just click on the “Open” button and you see an “Open” window where you can select a document.
- You have to click twice on the Word document or Excel document that you wish to open. The file will open in the “TextEdit” box.
Note: There is a possibility that a Word document or an excel file may lose some of its formatting when you open it in the “TextEdit” space.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
To sum up we can just hope that this article has helped you to open word or excel on Mac devices. However, if you are still in confusion or you are stuck in between the steps, then you are recommended to visit the official website via www.office.com/setup or you can get in touch with the Microsoft office setup assistant via the website.